Most budget smartphones have really stepped up - from not just being affordable but also punching above their weights to give you value for money especially for price-conscious consumers.
A lot of budget smartphones have been launched in Kenya the past few months and if you are a price-conscious consumer and looking a device that brings value without costing an arm and a leg – then you’ve come to the right place.
We’ve compiled the best budget smartphones to get if you’re in the market for one.
The Huawei Y7p is the company’s sub 20K that features a 48MP main camera setup.
The phone packs other powerful features including:
1. 6.39 inch Punch FullView display(1560 x 720-pixels).
2. EMUI 9.1 on top of Android 10
3. Kirin 710F processor
4. 4GB of RAM and 64GB of onboard storage that can be expanded with a microSD card slot
5. 48MP main camera at the back which is a relatively huge sensor plus it has a wide f1.8 aperture to let in more light. There is also an 8MP wide-angle camera with a 120-degree field of view to take those expansive photos that you would not take with the main camera. There is also a 2MP depth sensor camera at the back.
6. 8MP selfie camera.
7. A 4000mAh battery
8. The Huawei Y7p comes in Aurora Blue and Midnight Black.
The Huawei Y6s is another budget phone from Huawei launched early this year.
Its compact size will attract you but here’s what you get inside
1. 6.09″ inch LCD Dewdrop display at a resolution of 720 by 1560 pixels.
2. EMUI 9.1 on top of Android 9. For all those worried about Google apps, the device comes with them preinstalled including the Google Play Store, Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, Duo, Google App, Google Photos, Google Sheets and Google Slides.
3. MediaTek Helio P35 chip which is an upgrade over the Helio A22 chip found in the predecessor, the Huawei Y6(2019)
4. PowerVR GE8320 GPU
5. 3GB RAM and 64GB onboard storage expandable using an external MicroSD card up to 512GB.
6. 3200mAh battery
7. The Huawei Y6s back finish comes in 2 beautiful shades – a glossy top half and matte bottom half. They’ll be two versions: Orchid Blue and Starry Black.